Thursday, November 29, 2007

UTUBE

WEEK 9 (Thing 20)

As UTube were updating when I tried to sort out an account things were going slow....very slow. The first 2 Videos I watched were junk so decided to do a search. Did the usual Port Elizabeth thing as it is the theme of my blog.
I found several that I liked and will try post one on my blog as soon as my UTube account is sorted out.
Question: Why do the videos go in stops and starts?
I read somewhere that there are 30 million people viewing everyday!!!
Must say I was a bit reluctant to do this as I thought it wouldn't appeal to me and could waste quite a bit of my time but I was instantly hooked once I found something I was interested in.
I came across a "killer" tortoise video it was chasing a cat made me I wonder how Lynx my "Killer Kat" would match up, this other cat wasn't doing toooo good.
I suppose using Utube videos to advertise libraries - to put out the message that libraries are worth a visit, are upmarket and running with the times.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

YouTube can be very addicting, as with a lot of these new websites coming out!

Sometimes the videos take a while to load, particularly if you have a slow ISP - wait for the read "loading bar" to fill up, and then try watching it again - it shouldn't start/stop on you.

Unknown said...

YouTube can be very addicting, as with a lot of these new websites coming out!

Sometimes the videos take a while to load, particularly if you have a slow ISP - wait for the read "loading bar" to fill up, and then try watching it again - it shouldn't start/stop on you.